In this lesson, we discuss the purpose of life. Why did God create us? How does this relate to prayer? Does God call all to prayer, or only a few?
Make sure you download the note-taking sheet under the Materials tab to help you engage more with the material in the video.
Answer these questions in our private Forum:
- Have you ever realized that you were made for intimacy with God? How does that knowledge make a difference in your life?
- Tell us about a time when you felt called to prayer.
Sources and Further Reading
Below are links to the sources used in this lesson, as well as other resources to supplement your learning.
- Baltimore Catechism, no. 6
- CCC, nos. 1, 51–2, 68, 1723, 2566–7
- Novo Millenio Ineunte, nos. 30–34
- Luke 18:1, James 1:17, 1 John 4:10, 1 Thes 5:17, Eph 6:18, Mt 26:41
- Lumen Gentium, no. 11
Additional Free Resource
God Calls Everyone to Prayer (column in the Catholic Voice)
Additional Paid Resource
Thirsting for Prayer by Jacques Philippe (affiliate link)