Wow, the Liebster Award is really going around the Catholic blogosphere! I’ve just been awarded it for the 3rd time this year, this latest thanks to Lara at Mercy Me! I’ve got work to do! She has a wonderful blog, so please visit her. Thank you, Lara for the award. Thanks also to Karee Santos at Can We Cana?, who gave me the award last time, but let me pass on posting about it. I am so honored!
I actually passed 200 followers recently, but I will accept this award so I can promote some great blogs I’ve recently discovered. They are all on my new list of Catholic Sprituality Blogs–please visit that page for even more links. I’m listing 9 here, because the others either recently won the award, have more than 200 followers, or are in Spanish. If any of these have more than 200 followers, they are excused from posting. I’m a little too busy right now to check that out.
- Community of Catholic Bloggers
- From the Pulpit of My Life
- Journey to Wisdom
- Reflections of a Catholic Christian
- St. Joe’s Weekly Word
- Saint Theodora/Mother Theodor Guerin
- Saintly Sages
- The Beautiful Gate
For the requirements for the award, facts about myself, and questions for these bloggers, I refer you back to my last Liebster post.
Here are the questions from Lara, with my answers:
1. How do you think the world would be different if everyone practiced corporal and spiritual works of mercy- ie. feed the hungry, comfort the sick, forgive offenses etc. ? It would be like the Garden of Eden.
2. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? A writer and a teacher. Some dreams do come true!
3. What is your favorite biblical scripture? Romans 12:1.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Scotland.
5. What are the top three attributes that you think a Christian should have? Love, trust, and perseverance.
6. Why do you blog? I love to write and to share my faith and knowledge.
7. How do you stand as a witness for God? I’m not sure what this one means. If you’re asking, “How does one stand…,” I’d say, be loving and authentic. If you’re asking how well I do this, I can only say I do make an effort, but often fail.
8. What is the nicest thing that someone has done for you? Married me!
9. What was your favorite television show growing up and what is it now? I always liked “The Brady Bunch.” I don’t watch much TV now, but I do enjoy NOVA.
10. If you could be king/queen for the day what is one thing you would require everyone to do? Tell their spouse and kids how much they love them.
11. What do you love most about God? That He know me thoroughly and still loves me without limit.
And what a perfect note to end on!