14 Comments

1. 8kidsandabusiness July 5, 2013 at 7:16 am Reply

Great post, Connie. Lately I have been more interested in reading how the pathophysiology of Jesus’ sufferings – how the scourging, carrying of the cross and the crucifixion affected his different organ systems (blame the nurse in me!)That’s the way in which I want to enter more deeply into His suffering. Whichever way we look at it, I agree with you that it is good to console Him in His suffering for us.

• Connie Rossini July 5, 2013 at 7:39 am Reply

Once again, I love how we each use our own personalities and experiences in our unique relationship with God. Thanks for the comment.

2. Sandeep July 5, 2013 at 8:45 am Reply

Connie Its a great Practice that St. Teresa had in her life. it’s very true it always consoles us in our prayer life and comforts us. but do we have something greater then this?

• Connie Rossini July 5, 2013 at 1:21 pm Reply

Sandeep, are you referring to supernatural contemplation? I do write about that now and then (you can search for “contemplation” in the sidebar). As you know, contemplation is not something you can practice–you must receive it. I am hoping with this post to help my readers make their prayer a giving and receiving of love, in order to prepare their hearts for the gift of contemplation that may come later.

3. Irenaeus July 5, 2013 at 9:41 am Reply

Years ago I suffered a miscarriage at eight weeks of pregnancy. My one child at that time, Tommy, was less than two, but he could see that Mommy was sad. Instinctively he held out his has hands to me and said “Let’s pray” (or ‘pay’ as his lisping tongue said it) Even at that young age he knew that prayer was the answer to pain.

• Connie Rossini July 5, 2013 at 1:22 pm Reply

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry for your loss. Children can show us so much about the spiritual life, if we’re open to learning from them, can’t they?

4. Mary Lou Duplan July 5, 2013 at 9:25 pm Reply

I had never read your blog before it was wonderful. How do I continue to be able to read these wonderful spititual blogs. Do I have to sign up for them?

• Connie Rossini July 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm Reply

Mary Lou, if you sign up using this link, you will get emails every time I post (generally on Tuesdays and Fridays). Plus, I have published a short e-book that you can download free at the end of the sign up process. http://eepurl.com/AtR51 Thanks.

5. Paul July 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm Reply

Hi Connie
    I have just read your book and found it very encouraging. I loved your post too. I have just finished training with the Jesuits in Dublin to be a Spiritual Director so the use of the imagination in prayer really appeals to me. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
    Paul

• Connie Rossini July 7, 2013 at 4:16 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Paul. We need more good spiritual directors! If you wouldn’t mind taking a few minutes to review my book on Amazon, I’d really appreciate it. Someone gave me a 1-star review yesterday because of the length, so I’m trying to get my average back up. Blessings.

• Paul July 8, 2013 at 4:34 pm Reply

Hi Connie I have posted a 5 star review (name Paulo). Any tips on publishing on Amazon for kindle? I have an idea for a little book on prayer.
        Thanks
        Paul

• Connie Rossini July 8, 2013 at 9:57 pm Reply

You’re awesome! Publishing to Kindle is very easy as far as mechanics go. They have their own program (free) to transform your PDF to Kindle format. I’d keep the formatting simple (which I didn’t do with mine; it was set up as a PDF and I didn’t know any better; I plan to reformat it). Plus, get as much publicity as you can before and right after you publish it. I didn’t intend to make money on this project–it was to get more followers with an eye on the future. But publicizing it on my and other blogs helped me sell enough initially to put me in Amazon’s 100 Best-Selling Catholic Books. From there, the book keeps selling itself, as it’s recommended to more people. I’m astounded at how well it’s done.

Let me know when your project is ready, and I’ll help any way I can.

6. Jill Haberman February 4, 2014 at 10:04 am Reply

Connie,
    am amused and blessed by your work, it tings soul bells in multiple octaves. thanks.
    here is a clumsily produced batch of my stuff.
    steven