The Eucharist is our thanksgiving, our thank offering to God.
Meditate on the Eucharist this Thanksgiving with the help of this great work of art.
- Consciously set aside all distractions. Quiet your mind. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide your meditation.
- Look at the painting of the Last Supper. Imagine yourself a part of the scene. What do you see and hear? How does it touch your mind and heart?
- Speak to God about your reaction. Thank Him for giving His life for you, and for sustaining you spiritually through the Eucharist. Adore Him. If you run out of things to say, return to your meditation, or, if you can, simply gaze at His portrait with love. Try to sustain a conversation with Him for fifteen minutes or more. This should take up the bulk of your prayer time.
- Make resolutions. How can you be more thankful in the future? How will you better prepare yourself to receive the Eucharist? Be specific.
- Thank God for your prayer time. Ask for His help to keep your resolutions. Ask Him to bring you back to prayer tomorrow.